Ultrasound-guided injections by degenerative diseases of facet joints in the lumbar spine
Keywords:ultrasound-guided injections, facet joint, lumbar spine
AbstractA contemporary treatment method of degenerative diseases of facet joint in the lumbar spine as one of low back pain reasons was adduced. It describes a sonographic anatomy and ultrasound guided technique for injection therapy.
1. Van Roen JH, Pace JA, Preoder MI, editors. Diagnostika i lecheniye boli [Diagnosis and treatment of pain]. Moscow, Binom, 2012. 494 p. Russian.
2. Cherkashov AM, Nazarenko AG. Radiochastotnaya denervatsiya v lechenii spondiloartroza poyasnichnogo otdela pozvonochnika [Radiofrequency denervation in the treatment of lumbar spine spondylarthrosis] [Internet]. Siberian Antipain Fund: Pain and its treatment. Available from URL
3. Boswell MV, Colson JD, Sehgal N, Dunbar EE, Epter R. A systematic review of therapeutic facet joint interventions in chronic spinal pain. Pain Physician. 2007 Jan;10(1):229-53. [PubMed] [Publisher Abstract/Full Text]
4. Datta S, Lee M, Falco FJ, Bryce DA, Hayek SM. Systematic assessment of diagnostic accuracy and therapeutic utility of lumbar facet joint interventions. Pain Physician. 2009 Mar-Apr;12(2):437-60. [PubMed] [Publisher Abstract/Full Text]
5. Gangi A, Dietemann JL, Mortazavi R, Pfleger D, Kauff C, Roy C. CT-guided interventional procedures for pain management in the lumbosacral spine. Radiographics. 1998 May-Jun;18(3):621-33. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
6. Silbergleit R, Mehta BA, Sanders WP, Talati SJ. Imaging-guided injection techniques with fluoroscopy and CT for spinal pain management. Radiographics. 2001 Jul-Aug;21(4):927-39; discussion 940-2. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
8. Loizides A, Gruber H, Peer S, Brenner E, Galiano K, Obernauer J. A new simplified sonographic approach for pararadicular injections in the lumbar spine: a CT-controlled cadaver study. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2011 May;32(5):828-31. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
9. Loizides A, Peer S, Plaikner M, Spiss V, Galiano K, Obernauer J, Gruber H. Ultrasound-guided injections in the lumbar spine. Med Ultrason. 2011 Mar;13(1):54-8. [PubMed] [Publisher Abstract/Full Text]
11. Bubnov RV, Mukhomor OI. Zahalni pryntsypy invaziynoyi sonohrafiyi [General principles invasive sonography]. In: Abstracts Book of the III Congress of the Ukrainian Association of Ultrasound Diagnostics Specialists; 2008 June 10-12; Odessa, Ukraine. Odessa, 2008.p.133-135.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2013 Volodymyr Aleynik, Mykola Kvasnitskyi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Ukrainian Neurosurgical Journal abides by the CREATIVE COMMONS copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this Journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the Journal under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this Journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form of which it has been published by the Journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the Journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this Journal is included.